A Quilt Timeline

Thursday, April 17, 2014


I started quilting at the very beginning of January this year (New Year's Day in fact), but I'm already starting to worry about keeping track of my quilts. An article I read in Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine suggested keeping a "quilt log" in addition to labeling your quilts. I'm still trying to decide how I want to label my quilts (both future projects and retroactively), but I did manage to take a few photos yesterday evening to start my log. Additionally, I figured a quilt timeline would be a good first non-introductory post.


Name: Noob Quilt
Size: Approx. 50 x 60"
Fabric: Pattern: N/A

Quilting: In the ditch
Completed: January 2, 2014


Name: Queen Size Quilt of Doom
Size: 88 x 96"
Fabric: 
Bunny Brigade & Forest Frolic by Alyssa Thomas, Rooted Eventide by Bonnie Christine, Line Leaf by Eloise Renouf, Blue Jars & Treehouse (Fort Firefly) by Teagan White, Birch Trees, Bitty Buds, and Star Pods by Patty Sloniger, Brush Bear by Sarah Watts, and Stitch Basics (lines and squares) from Michael Miller. 
Pattern: N/A
Quilting: Hand-quilted Xs on the blocks and lines on the L shapes.

Completed: March 30, 2014



Name: Fox Field. How creative.
Size: Approx. 30 x 36"
Fabric: Fox Field fat quarter bundle in Dusk colorway

Pattern: Blocks from Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks (plus two of my own)
Quilting: Free motion wishbones in the sashing
Completed: March 23, 2014 (I finished this one before the Queen Size Quilt of Doom but I started it after QSQD was in progress for a few weeks, so I say it's my 3rd quilt)



Name: Untitled. This one is a present for my BFF Kate's graduation present. She's getting her masters! 
Size: Approx. 30 x 36"
Fabric: Too many to mention. Lots of Tula Pink and Patty Sloniger pieces though.

Pattern: Japanese X & Plus
Quilting: All-over stipple
Completed: April 5, 2014 



Name: Scatterbrain Quilt No.1
Size: 44 x 50"
Fabric: Too many to mention. Lots of Tula Pink and Patty Sloniger pieces though.

Pattern: Whatever I felt like! A lot of it was made up as I went.
Quilting: Quilt as You Go
Completed: April 14, 2014 




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS