Stitch Your Cares Away

Sunday, July 6, 2014

In the past two weeks, I've been making an effort to get back to my roots by drawing more. My free time has been all but consumed by sewing projects, and I realized it had been a while since I put a pencil to paper. The result was this cute sketch I came up with on Friday evening. I hear a lot of quilters say that sewing is like therapy for them, and I can't disagree.


On Saturday, the sketch evolved into a vector illustration:


And by Saturday evening I had even embroidered it!


Seeing the evolution of the design is always exciting for me. I went ahead and turned this piece of wisdom into a hand embroidery pattern, which is now available in my Craftsy shop for $2. Click here to check it out!

Also available for sale is my Treasure Box Quilt pattern! It's only $5 and includes lots of visual instructions. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS