Stylish Dress Book - Dress E

Monday, May 26, 2014

After work on Friday, I stopped at Jo-Ann's to raid their clearance fabric section. I never buy more than a half yard of fabric unless I have a specific project, so I was not prepared for the urgent, unyielding desire to make more dresses from Yoshiko Tsukiori's Stylish Dress Book: Wear with Freedom. I made a good haul, getting lots of fabric for only $2.50/yard. I only regret not buying more.

Lots of clearance bin treasures!

I spent Saturday afternoon sewing up dress E, which turned out to be another fast and simple project. This was my first time doing tucks. I was delighted by how simple the process was. Just as long as it's not pleats...I hate sewing pleats. The only part of the construction I didn't like was having to attach the finished sleeves, but that's nothing new for me. I always hate sleeves. Dress Y spoiled me by sewing the side seams and sleeves in one motion. As with dress Y, I took in the side seams at the waist an inch on either side to avoid the circus tent look. 

I wore it grocery shopping with Seth on Sunday and the nice big pockets were perfect for my list and coupons. No more wrinkled up pieces of paper shoved in my butt pockets!
Modeling my new dress next to our family ent
I can see myself making more of this pattern in the future. Pinterest searches have led me to lots of cute remixes of dress E including ones with embellished details (Ivy Arch makes the best dressses!), sleeveless, and even shortened to a top. Contrasting pockets might also be cute with some kind of embellished collar. This dress is such a great blank slate to get creative with!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS