Free Geo-Kitty Pattern

Monday, August 25, 2014


I'm super excited to be hosting the Kitty Mini Quilt Swap on Instagram! I hope you've been following everyone's progress on the #kittyminiquiltswap hashtag. I just finished up my mini for my partner over the weekend, and I wanted to share a super cute kitty pattern I came up with.

my finished kitty mini

When I started on my mini for my partner I knew I wanted to make something that would be one of a kind. I started off with some Scatterbrained QAYG blocks, but I didn't feel like there was any real superstar in the craziness. I started sketching some ideas for a paper-pieced cat. I'd like to say the rest was a cinch, but oh lawd...it was not. 

I've only made like...three (?) FPP blocks in my life, and never designed my own. It was a struggle on both frontiers. But as they say, persistence prevails. Don't worry. The pattern isn't hard. I'm just a FPP tard. 


You can download the PDF for the Geo-Kitty pattern HERE

Click the download icon at the top of the page and print at 100%. There are four templates, and once you finish them all, join A & B. Stitch that unit to template C. Lastly, stitch that piece to unit D. The finished block (illustrated above) is 8" wide and just shy of 4.5" tall. You'll want to add some borders to the top and bottom, but you can make those any height you wish. 

Enjoy and happy stitching!

6 comments :

  1. I joined your kitty swap but haven't received any information. I've been seeing posts using the proper hashtag and am afraid I missed your communication. Can you email me and advise? Thanks much! nesbittj@mst.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your swap mama, Amy, sent out her partner assignments via email about 3 weeks ago. I'll email you both so it can get sorted out.

      Delete
  2. I love kitty's and used to have some, now I live in a Sr housing and cant,....cute quilt, I am a newbie to quilting and I see this is for intermediates? would this be too hard to do our just fussy?/gmakitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a foundation paper piecing pattern, so you should have some familiarity with that technique.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS