Treasure Jar Quilt Pattern

Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Treasure Jar Quilt was an idea I had been sitting on for a while before I put it to the test. It was one of many quilt ideas I had stashed in an Illustrator document on my computer, unsure if it would ever be executed. Thankfully, I recently took the initiate to try it out. I totally fell in love.



The Treasure Jar Quilt was meant to be a way to showcase your favorite fussy cut fabrics without having to constrain those prints with a color palette. The consistency of the jars and lids helps keep everything in check.



This quilt pattern uses a combination of traditional piecing and machine applique to highlight your favorite fabric prints. The jar blocks measure 6" x 8.5" and the quilt finishes at 52" x 52.5".

My pattern testers dug into their stashes to make some fun-filled jars!

@smoobug added an extra contrasting border for a larger quilt.

@clairejc filled her jars with plenty of critters.

@modernsewciety made her quilt for a the newborn of a friend. 

@taracceleste made a bunch of blocks for a jumbo Treasure Jar quilt! 

@fatchickquilts packed her jars with itty bitty treasure.


@meredithrussian made tiny hexie honeycombs for her treasures.

@pmpaulone contrasted bright hues on a dark background for jars that pop.

The Treasure Jar quilt is now available for sale in my Craftsy pattern shop!

Size: 52" x 52.5"
Pattern: Treasure Jar
Quilting: Straight line quilting to echo sashing
Completed: September 2015
Fabric: Hoarded scraps, Kona Curry, Kona White, and Cotton Couture Aqua

1 comment :

  1. This reminds me of those bug jars a few of my friends and I made some years ago, as at the time there were lots of novelty fabrics with creatures on them. I love the way you've repurposed it to show off beautiful and interesting fabrics--a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS