Free Pattern: The Owl Carry It Bag

Monday, June 15, 2015

Round handbags will never NOT be cute. But do you know what makes them extra cute? An adorably grumpy owl's face! No matter how hard I try to make a grown-up looking pattern, my inner child always wins out.

Say hello to the Owl Carry It Bag! Aren't I punny? 

While I was working on a plain round crossbody pattern, I started toying with the idea of some kind of applique embellishment, and then my brain farted out this idea. I drafted up some templates for a test and it worked perfectly on the first attempt. Score! 

I love how the owl's face is very modern and minimalist while still being instantly recognizable. 


The Owl Carry It Bag measures 9" in diameter, 3" deep, and has an adjustable crossbody strap. The bag is lined and has bound inner seams, my preferred method. 

Fabrics: Kona Cotton in Ocean, Widescreen by Carolyn Friedlander in Pacific (face) and Gray (lining), Botanics by Carolyn Friedlander (eyes), and a random black solid.

The Owl Carry It Bag is available as a free PDF download on my Craftsy pattern shop! Click *HERE* to download it!


2 comments :

  1. This is great. I'm going to try making this for one of my swap partners

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I'm going to try making this for one of my swap partners

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS