Chic Country Quilt

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Since I made my first curved quilt, piecing curves has been no big deal. They don't scare me at all and always seem to impress people. I purchased the Quick Curve Ruler and the Chic Country pattern from the Sew Kind of Wonderful booth at Fall Quilt Market because this design makes such a statement. It looks difficult as hell, and I love the chance to trick people into thinking I'm a prodigy. 
As is my tradition, I pulled my fabrics from the bag of Cotton + Steel FQ bundles I bought at Sample Spree. I started with Kim Kight's "City Afternoon" print from Penny Arcade as the inspiration for my color palette: warm purples, orangy reds, dusty pink, and an assortment of low volume prints. I also tossed in a few C+S basics and other low volume prints. 

Piecing the quilt was deceptively simple. I probably spent more time obsessing over fabric placement than sewing. The QCR makes the whole process pain-free. 

I went for a simple quilting approach, echoing the circles that the pieced blocks create. 

Name: Amusement
Size: 54" square
Fabric: Cotton + Steel Fall 2015 collections + basics
Pattern: Chic Country
Quilting: Echoed circles w/ gray Aurifil 50wt
Completed: November 2015

7 comments :

  1. It's so cozy looking and the colors go together so well! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I just bought the Quick Curve ruler, so it's obvious I now need to get that pattern. Love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently bought this pattern. Your interpretation is marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors and fabrics you used are so incredible, I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colors, your style, yeah, all of it! Congrats on your fabric line...I will definitely be finding some of that somewhere! Love it when I come across someone and Im like "totally my style!"

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS