Patty's Trunk Show Recap

Sunday, October 12, 2014

This past Saturday was Patty's trunk show at CJ's Quilt Shop where she showed off her gorgeous new collection, Emma's Garden for Michael Miller Fabrics. She brought a ton of lovely samples, lots of which were in her booth at Spring Quilt Market back in May, along with some new items. Although I've never been to Market, I imagine this is what a Schoolhouse would be like. It was so great to hear Patty talk about the collection in her own words!


First up is the Wing It quilt that I designed for Patty's booth (the free pattern can be downloaded in that post). Patty made a pink version especially for the trunk show and I quilted it on my Juki.  


Next up are Liz's adorable hippo and elephant softies! I can't help but sqee every time I see that elephant! 


Sally did a sweet embroidered mini quilt. 


Debbie made the happiest Cargo Duffel I've ever seen! I really need to make on of these...


Hillary and Julia both made awesome dresses, and Stevey made a tunic blouse that I kind of want to steal!


My favorite part of the show was hearing Patty talk about how the collection came to be. I totally geek out over seeing other artists' creative process, and Patty's makes me feel like a slacker! She puts so much work into her collections and it really shows. Patty's drawings are so detailed, they blow my mind.


Look at that cute moth in the middle that didn't get used! It's so chubby and sweet! 

It was a really fun time and I wish I could have taken more photos of all the pretty samples, but I got distracted by the shopping opportunity screaming my name. Typical.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS