Fall 2015 Quilt Market: Favorites

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

For a fabric lover, Quilt Market feels Santa's workshop. There are so many sights to take in and exciting products to covet. Here are my favorites from the show.

Cotton + Steel Collections

Photo credit: @cottonandsteel



No surprise here because I love everything these ladies do. The six quilting cotton collections  (Fruit Dots, Cat Lady, Penny Arcade, Macrame, and Bluebird) have the most gorgeous selection of colors yet. I bought a FQ bundle of each at Sample Spree and I've already put the entire range into color order. In past releases, one collection usually stands out as my far and away favorite, but it's really hard to choose this time.

The Lovely Hunt by Lizzy House

Photo credit: @suppose_quilts & @vhaberdashery 

I'm not sure if this collection counts since it released prior to market, but The Lovely Hunt has so many things going for it: a wonderfully rich color spectrum, unicorns (in a style that reminds me of The Last Unicorn), and great coordinates. As a medieval art lover, this collection turns the art I love into something modern and bright.

Mendocino by Heather Ross 

Photo credit: @mushyhed and @fatquartershop
Another no brainer for my list. I'm by no means a water baby, but mermaids have always been captivating to me. The sense of movement this collection creates is so impressive to me as an illustrator. I'm not much of a pink-loving girl, but the rich berry tones combined with the rich oranges and golds compliment each other so perfectly.

Pacific (and quilt patterns) by Elizabeth Hartman

I actually took these photos. 

I held out on buying Rhoda Ruth because I mistakenly thought it would be available at Sample Spree. When I learned Elizabeth had a new collection available in it's place, I was still eyeing Rhoda Ruth until I saw Pacific at Schoolhouse. Several of the prints in Pacific are direct reprints from Rhoda Ruth (prints I wanted), plus Pacific has bunnies! Her new quilt patterns are all to die for. I for one, have Fancy Forest lined up on my cutting table already.

Carkai by Carolyn Friedlander

Photo credit: @carolynfriedlander & @thermoweb


I knew I would love Carolyn's new collection before I even saw it. Her prints are the perfect blenders, and her color selection is always on point. Her design savvy gives me woozy knees every time I see her booth. I don't think anyone else could take such a small number of projects (that are mostly small themselves) and make a 10' x 10' booth look so enticing. Her fabrics and samples really embody the idea that less is more and attention to detail can have a huge impact.

Patterns & Quick Curve Ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful

Photo credit: @sewkindofwonderfuljenny


The Quick Curve Ruler isn't new, but it caught my attention this past weekend. The quilts in their booth and a hypnotic demo by Sherilyn had me foaming at the mouth for their products. I picked up their new booth, One Wonderful Curve, at the book signing as well as the original ruler and Country Chic pattern (pictured right). They also have a mini QCR for tiny versions of their quilts. 

2 comments :

  1. You nailed all the collections I loved from QM and I am seriously interested in trying the Quick Curve Ruler now. The crazy thing about The Lovely Hunt is that they've already stopped printing some of the fabrics- I was informed by a major online retailer of this just a week before Quilt Market! Fabric ranges are just not sticking around long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! and thank you so much for posting my Heather Ross quilt. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS