Fall Quilt Market Sewing

Wednesday, October 14, 2015



I like Christmas as much as the next person, but I think Quilt Market is my favorite time of year. I love sewing with a clear sense of direction and list of projects to tackle. Fall 2015 is my third time sewing for market booths and this is the biggest batch of projects yet.

For Heather Ross at Windham, I designed and pieced my Bubble Plus quilt with her Mendocino collection.

For Violet Craft at Michael Miller Fabrics, I paper pieced two blocks from her Forest Abstractions pattern with her holiday collection, Christmas at Brambleberry Ridge. 

I three projects for the Andover booth. First is a Collegiate Tote with Alison Glass's Indigo Handcrafted and Andover Chambrays. I also made two small cathedral window pillows with the chambray and Lizzy House's new collection, the Lovely Hunt.


And last but not least, another Collegiate Tote for my dear friend Patty Sloniger of Michael Miller Fabrics. Her new line, Into the Deep is one we used to chat about in our office kitchen, which makes it exciting seeing it come to life.


Sewing for market puts a fire under my butt to crank out some awesome projects. I hope you catch glimpses of them in the #quiltmarket hashtag when the show starts on October 24th!



4 comments :

  1. All fantastic creations - you have done a wonderful job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great! I particularly like the Into the Deep fabric -- gonna have to get some of that. How do you end up sewing for all these different booths?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually working on a blog post to answer that. ;)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS