Pixel Chain Quilt

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Over the past few months, I've gained a greater appreciation for simple quilts patterns and limited color palettes. I've also been trying to come up with some fast, but cute quilt patterns for gift quilts. I designed the Pixel Chain quilt to blend those elements. Plus I need to work through my stash! 
I used all Cotton + Steel prints, mostly from the Spring 2015 collections. I recently purchased the Creative Grids Stripology ruler and it made the cutting process for this quilt a total breeze. After that, it didn't take long to chain piece all the blocks. 


I machine quilted it with diagonal lines using variegated Aurifil 50wt cotton (#4647) that incorporates blue, white, and pink. It's hard to capture the thread in photos but it made for a really cool effect.


The quilt pattern is available in my Craftsy shop for only $4 and it includes instructions and yardage for three quilt sizes: baby (40" x 40"), lap (48" x 56"), and twin (64" x 88"). This particular quilt is the lap size and it's available for purchase in my bigcartel shop

Size: 48" x 56"
Fabric: Cotton + Steel prints
Pattern: Pixel Chain
Quilting: Diagonal lines
Completed: July 8, 2015


3 comments :

  1. Great quilt. As much as I love doing complex quilts, there's something comforting about making a simpler one

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. I love the simple design and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Felice!!
    So excited for you!! How fun to see you on Sew Mama Sew and to see your wonderful news on a fabric line with Windham!!!! I hope that you remember me...a friend of Sally's. If you need help sewing up projects with your new line, I would be honored! Best wishes to you!!!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS