The Newsstand Tote

Monday, July 27, 2015

I'm a crossbody girl at heart, but sometimes you just can't beat a roomy tote bag. My newest pattern, the Newsstand Tote, was designed to be a fresh, functional all-purpose bag with a clean profile. 


Measuring 14" H x 11" W x 4" D with two elastic side pockets, this pattern will easily hold a stack of magazines, your hand sewing projects, or plenty of diapers and snacks for the kids. I never go anywhere without a bottle of water so having a pocket that keeps my drink upright to prevent spills and leaks is invaluable. The bag features an interior slip pocket for other small items like your keys or phone.

My pattern testers were a huge help and I'm excited to share their wonderful #NewstandTote projects with you!

Tara (@taracceleste) reports that her Newsstand Tote makes an awesome diaper bag, and her fun fabric choices keep it looking youthful and bright! And can we take a minute to gawk at her awesome photos? Girl's got mad skills.


Jaclyn (@jaclynb)'s bag features a Melody Miller border print and a bright red lining. It's like the Louboutin of bags! I rarely know what to do with border prints, so Jaclyn's bag was a total lightbulb moment for me.


My "Quilt Mom", Debbie (@mumziepooh) also used a border print, a cute measuring tape by Kokka. She's got me hunting for border prints now because they look so great with this pattern!


My fellow HMQG officer, Cheryl (@texasquiltinggal) made a flirty, feminine Newsstand Tote with a lovely Amy Butler floral print. The dottie handles add a playful touch.


Anita (@daydreamsofquilts) used one of my favorite prints, Rashida Coleman-Hale's Mochi rice print canvas for a great neutral tote.


The Newsstand Tote is now available for purchase in my Craftsy shop.



4 comments :

  1. Hi, you have a great blog and this bag is gorgeous! I also want to thank you for letting the Mini Mania Challenge group on flickr use your Ferris Wheel pattern. I loved making it. Thanks again! Bogged here, if you want to take a look: http://floresascores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag!! I love the shape, capacity. Your pattern testers created some gorgeous bags with your pattern. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag!! I love the shape, capacity. Your pattern testers created some gorgeous bags with your pattern. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag!! I love the shape, capacity. Your pattern testers created some gorgeous bags with your pattern. <3

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS