The Biography Bag

Monday, July 6, 2015

Today my Craftsy pattern shop gets a new addition: the Biography Bag! I designed this bag while looking for a way to incorporate a mini charm pack of Elizabeth Hartman's first fabric line, Rhoda Ruth, into a small crossbody. The bag features a large front slip pocket (a great place for some patchwork fun), a welt zipper pocket, piping, and adjustable strap.


My first two bag patterns, the Dear Watson and Matsuri bags, are great for all-day outings, but I usually like to travel light when I'm doing everyday errands. The biography bag measures 9½” H x 9½” W x 2” D, so you can easily carry your essentials along with an e-reader or a novel. I find that when I need to get up and go, it's nice to have a large front pocket to quickly tuck my book or phone into, which is why I love the front pocket so much. 

My pattern testers made some great bags that I wanted to share with you. Erica (@skynme2) made her bag with an adorable Cotton + Steel patchwork pocket. Fussy cutting really pays off here!

Jana's (@megmormel) bag features a bold floral print from Alison Glass and a bright green zipper for some extra color!


Nicole (@nf_merritts) used a combination of Cotton + Steel and Anna Maria Horner prints for her Biography Bag. She even added some lovely hand stitching to the flowers on her front pocket. 

 I hope you love these sweet little bags as much as I do!



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS